Newest addition to the PTR brings new modes, map, Easter eggs, and hero adjustments.
New Modes – Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch
Deathmatch is coming to the arcade on PTR. Deathmatches are one of the oldest forms of FPS gameplay where the goal is to see how many kills one can get compared to everyone else. There’s going to be two different versions of deathmatch. The first core mode that we’re just calling Deathmatch is you, the player, versus the other 7 players in the game. Players can pick whatever hero they wish and the game ends when someone gets to 20 kills. Players will earn 1 point for their team whenever they land the final blow on an opponent and will lose 1 point for their team whenever they die to environmental damage. The winners will be the top 4 players; playing this mode under arcade and winning will award you a win towards your weekly loot box wins. Team Deathmatch is just like the other mode except that you and your team will compete to get to 30. Mercy’s resurrect takes kill credit away from the other team so someone like a Mercy is super valuable to have on your team. Oh boy, more Mercy mains.
Map – Château Guillard
A new map that is home to Amelie Lacroix – Widowmaker, will be available to play in. Before Amelie was married to Gerard Lacroix she was known as Amelie Guillard. Château Guillard is located near Annecy in southeastern France. For hundreds of years, it was the estate of the influential Guillard family, until it gradually fell into disrepair after the family’s power waned in the decades after the Revolution. Recently, the château has found a new owner: the Talon agent Widowmaker, who has returned to her family’s ancestral home. This map is visually beautiful with several hints to her backstory and several Easter eggs.
Deathmatch Mode and Team Deathmatch Maps (TDM)
- Horizon Lunar Colony
- Temple of Anubis
- Volskaya Industries
- King’s Row
- Black Forest (TDM only)
- Castillo (TDM only)
- Ecopoint: Antarctica (TDM only)
- Necropolis (TDM only)
- 2 Concussion Mines are available instead of 1
- RIP-Tire’s movement speed have been increased by 30% and the timer for the tire isn’t affected while it climbs walls
- Fusion Driver’s projectile speed is increased by 20%
- Protective Barrier’s size is 20% larger and the shape of the barrier has been changed.
- Take a Breather is now able to be used while moving and damage received while healing is reduced by 50%.
- Grappling Hook’s cooldown has been lowered to 8 seconds from 12 seconds.
- Venom Mine allows you to see affected targets through walls.
- A number of data format changes have been implemented to lower download size in later patches.
- Added an “Outline Opacity” option under the custom reticle settings (found under Controls > Options > Advanced), which allows players to control the opacity of the black outline surrounding the reticule
- Fixed a bug that occasionally required the Capture Point progress bar to progress past the second tick mark before being activated
- Fixed a bug that could cause D.Va’s black ejection screen to briefly reappear after being ejected from her mech
- Fixed a bug causing D.Va’s Light Gun to use the wrong texture while outside of her mech when the Junker skin was equipped
- Fixed a bug that caused D.Va’s hair to stand straight up on the Hero Select screen when her Cruiser was equipped
- Fixed a bug causing the lights on the back of Doomfist’s gauntlet to incorrectly indicate full ammo when his Hello emote was activated
- Fixed a bug that prevented the area-of-effect circle for Doomfist’s Meteor Strike from being visible to all players
- Fixed a bug preventing the height from Doomfist’s Meteor Strike from being high enough to reach certain locations
- Fixed a bug that was preventing Doomfist’s Rocket Punch from connecting with enemy players that were moving up an incline
- Fixed a bug that caused Hanzo’s arrow to disappear when his Meditate emote was active
- Fixed a bug preventing Orisa’s “Overclocked” achievement from being granted, even after the criteria was met
- Fixed a bug causing Sombra’s teeth to be visible while her Stealth ability was active when her Los Muertos skin was equipped
- Fixed a bug causing Sombra’s reload animation to play even when interrupted
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to reach unintended locations on Ecopoint: Antarctica
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to see past the map’s background on Black Forest
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to reach unintended locations on Black Forest
- Fixed a bug that caused the announcer to say “Traveling to Dorado” when joining Castillo
- Fixed a bug that prevented some equipment (vents, pipes, etc.) from properly connecting to the walls of the power plant on Dorado
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to reach unintended locations on Hanamura
- Fixed an issue that caused sprays to display incorrectly on the crane on the Horizon Lunar Colony
- Fixed a bug that could cause A.I. heroes to get themselves stuck while traveling to the Well Capture Point on Ilios
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to reach unintended locations on Ilios
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to reach unintended locations on Oasis
- Fixed a bug that prevented Pharah’s Jump Jet from recharging while perched on doorframes in Oasis
- Fixed a bug that prevented doorframes from being visible and lacking collision on the Practice Range
- Fixed a bug in the Options > Controls menu that prevented the asterisk (which normally indicates that changes have been made) from being removed from the hero’s dropdown after controls have been set to default
- Fixed a bug causing the Back button to disappear when scrolling through the list of available games in the Game Browser
- Fixed a bug that prevented grouped players from appearing linked in the tab menu during a Custom Game